Monday, January 11, 2010

Updating a sadly neglected blog

Just watched Julie & Julia over the weekend, and it reminded me that I haven't touched my own blog for quite a while. Upon examination, it's just been over a year, with no entries made at all in 2009. While I certainly don't think a reboot will get me a book deal, a movie deal, or any readers for that matter, I still am going to make some attempt to keep better track of things.

I suppose that neglect of the blog is directly a result of focusing status updates on Facebook. There, I'm read by quite a few. I like making little daily quips, and I post maps of my walks (which I used to do here.)

I'm still going to post the maps on Facebook, but I think I'll start doing longer form items in this space. One of the things I'll certainly be documenting is the path to a new production of 40 Days: Resurrection to Ascension, my rock opera that was produced one time previously at Calvary Lutheran Church, Rio Linda, on May 6, 2001 by the contemporary music team, How Majestic. The band has gone their separate ways over the last nine years, and I've since joined, and now lead, the praise band at Ascension Lutheran Church in Citrus Heights.

In 2008, I posted the entire contents of the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo, Only Golden Fingers Could Play So Heavy, and I began its sequel for NaNoWriMo in November 2009, but only completed about half of it. I intend to revisit it during the year, since I'd like to see it complete. Once done, I'll clean it up and post it. And, just like I've been threatening to do for the last three years, I'll get going on the play revisions so that maybe I can hope for a production of that this year as well.

For now, this short summary of intentions will have to do, but I'll be back. Soon.

No comments: