Tuesday, April 24, 2012

With this post, I'm going to finally start documenting some of the genealogy research I've been doing, at least as far as logging it when it happens. So far, the bulk has been on the Bennett family, and it's all posted at Family Tree - Bennett. I'm thinking about creating a new site for it, which should be pretty easy to do.

Today I made some significant inroads into the ancestry of Elizabeth Hammond Bennett. There's a lot of misinformation and inaccuracies that I will be wading though, and hope to zero in on something that is an approximation of reality.

I e-mailed two potential family contacts, coincidentally both named Terry. First was Terry L. Linthicum, whose "Linthicums from North Carolina" web site links in Elizabeth Hammonds.

The send is Terry Bigler, who has information on Elizabeth's ancestors at "Ancestors of Bobbie Ann Howard".

I also listened to several podcasts about genealogy.

No comments: