Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Only Golden Fingers


Here's the latest on Only Golden Finger Could Play So Heavy. On November 12, 2007, Act 3 was read by the Thistle Dew Workshop. From the original work, I move a couple of scenes from Act 2 into Act 3 to lengthen it, and restored the previously cut Todd Rundgren scene, at least for the reading. I read the part of "I" and Cece even read a small part as Rocky's Mother.

A fairly extensive critique session followed, with a lot of good comments. As I've always known, Act 3 is the weakest, and it was pointed out that there really isn't any drama within the Act. Some also pointed out that the character "I" was not despicable enough in Act 2, and perhaps that aspect should be strengthened. I got some very positive comments about the music as well. I turned over a copy of the play to Tom at the playhouse for their library.

As for the music, I may be working with my long-time friend Jeff to do a more professionally produced job on the music. Time will tell on that, but it was his suggestion to get together.

No comments: