Monday, October 27, 2008

The Outline

A brief note. I drafted this back in October, then never posted it. I guess its time to do so, for historical purposes.


I guess it's time to get started on an outline and plan for NaNoWriMo, which starts this Saturday.

My basic plan to develop a complete back story for all of the events in Only Golden Fingers Could Play So Heavy, including other family members and events that occur outside of the play. The scope will cover at least 75 years, possibly more.

I'll probably start in 1948, with the meeting of I Mall's parents. In my original play, I dies at 75 years old. I may want to extend his lifetime as well.

I need to come up with additional names, and since "Spike" is probably a nickname, I need to come up with a real name and a reason for the name "Spike." I'll cover why Spike disappeared from the scene for a while in the early 70's.

No comments: